Friday, April 26, 2013

My Roommate: The Drinking Game

Have you ever watched those shows that explore the undiscovered talents, or habits, of people who are close to you? I don't mean America's Got Talent or Bet on my Baby, I am more leaning towards the best of MTV's True Life series or Teen Mom (hey, even those girls are good at something). Well, I've recently decided to exploit something about my cohort Lindsey and turn it into a drinking game because really, what else should you do with your best friend's weird knack for remembering things?

The first thing you should know is that Lindsey has a photographic memory. I'm not talking about those people who say they have a photographic memory, she really has one. It's ridiculous, although very handy at our weekly trivia nights. Lindsey remembers everything. In fact, I don't think I've ever once, in the 5 years I've known her, heard her utter the words " I don't remember." Conversations where we need to recall things generally go a little something like this:

Michelle: Blah, blah, blah happened on a Thursday like a year ago I think.
Lindsey: Actually, it was a Wednesday and it was June 17th, 2009 at 4:13 pm. I remember because we were watching General Hospital and It was the day that Dr. Drake saved Robin's life and I briefly stopped to look at the time because I had a dentist appointment the next day and needed to floss.
Michelle: You remember all that about a day that was 4 years ago?
Lindsey: I have a photographic memory.

(This may be a dramatization) (But, it's also pretty accurate)

For five years I have ignored this little talent of Lindsey's and finally, now that my heavy drinking days are behind me, I have decided to use it for entertainment purposes.

How it Works

1. Give Lindsey a category (i.e. state capitals, brands of chocolate, football teams that have never won anything in their entire history, breeds of dogs, etc.) The more obscure, the better.
2. Have a list of all things in said category.
3. Be amazed as she rattles off nine out of ten items in each category as if she's been cramming for a final on it all night.
4. Everyone drinks when she misses, which is like, never.

I have singlehandedly invented the first ever educational drinking game in which you probably be sober at the end.

It sounds lame, but I tested it with state capitals tonight and let me just tell you..I was on the edge of my seat. And now I know that Carson City is the capital of Nevada, or Nebraska, or..well, I'll just go ask Lindsey.

No comments:

Post a Comment